HEY! So I’ve been MIA for almost a year now.. forgot this existed to be honest. I want to get back into it – I think I’m going to restart posting a “happy moment” each day, but I also want to do actual blog posts. We’ll have to see how that goes. I’m going to start brainstorming topics and hopefully, since I have a full week off, I’ll be able to get some things written and ready to go. Can’t wait to get started again!
We picked our list of baseball boys today (McGuire won family first choice!).
1. The people who are supposed to care about you won’t always drop everything to pick you up when you fall. Sometimes, they won’t care enough to even know that you fell. Those people don’t matter.
2. No matter who you are, where you are, or what your issue is, you can always find someone who is willing to help.
3. You aren’t the only person who sits on the floor of the shower and cries.
4. People will surprise you. Sometimes in good ways, and sometimes in bad ways, but never be so stubborn that you can’t change your opinion of them.
5. Just because someone calls you her best friend doesn’t mean she’ll keep your secrets, no matter how many of hers you will always hold.
6. Don’t be afraid to change. Everyone else is changing, too, and if you don’t make new friends because you already have good friends, you’re going to be pretty lonely when you suddenly don’t click with them anymore.
7. You can be best friends with girls who are 5 years older than you.
8. Those girls who are 5 years older than you can and will teach you a lot about life.
9. Boys really don’t matter.
10. You can be the kindest person in the world, but that doesn’t always mean that people will treat you similarly in return. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Betrayal exists.
11. If you surround yourself with people who truly appreciate you and believe in you, you can do things you never believed you could.
12. Home isn’t a geographical location; it’s a feeling.
13. Find friends who you can text, “akjauhcjak” to, and who will respond, “what’s goin on?”.
14. People who truly care about you and your feelings and your mental well-being aren’t easy to find. When you do find them, don’t let them go. And don’t let them leave. Do this by being the same person for them that they are for you.
Today, I woke up at 12:50 PM. 😊