Sam: I could rant about you for hours, but it comes down to this: Your job description is literally to care about me, look out for me, make me feel special. You make me feel like absolute shit.
Dani: You’re really just the best and I’m so happy to have you in my life. You’re the big sister I’ve always wanted. Thanks for listening to my rants and giving me advice and surprising me with Skittles. I know you’re only around until May, but like you said… “I know our shenanigans and friendship will last forever.” Love you, pizza soulmate.
Elle: I don’t know why it took us so long to get close, but I’m so glad we did. We’re really similar; we get each other; we just work. It’s not every day that you find someone who is an absolute blast to be around, but who also has your back no matter what. I’m so lucky to have you as one of my best friends. I never want to lose you.
Late February – it’s really cold. There’s brown-gray snow lining the streets. My planner is filled with midterms and papers. It’s time to figure out housing for next year… everything is kind of miserable.
Since October, the plan was to live with Emma, my roommate from this year, Sharon and Bailey, our suitemates, and Tavia, the girl across the the hall. Once everyone else started trying to figure out housing, Emma’s friend Marianna was stranded. Emma, without talking to us, invited her to join us in a 6-person apartment. Yeah, that was annoying, but it was fine. We didn’t know Marianna, and we weren’t sure how living with her would be, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
Then we found out there are only 28 6-person apartments on campus.
We formed pairs: Emma and Marianna, me and Sharon, Bailey and Tavia. We decided that Bailey and Tavia would be floaters while Emma and Marianna and Sharon and I tried to find another pair to live with one of us. Then, Bailey and Tavia decided that they would rather live with Emma and Marianna because they didn’t want to be around me and Sharon and our “sigma-ness”.
Sharon and I got the short end of the stick. The very short end. We were MAD. I reached out to my two friends in Sigma, Emma and Elle, because I knew Elle was having second thoughts about the other pair they were living with. She said she was going to suck it up and invite another girl it Sigma, Maddie to join them as a 5.
The 5 of them got dinner last night, so Maddie could meet the other pair. I guess it went terribly. Things blew up, and Emma, Elle, and Maddie ditched. They came to me and asked if Sharon and I would be interested in living in a 5 with them. (!!!)
I can’t even put into words how excited I am for next year! Here’s to my badge order buddies (Emma and Elle), my best friend (Sharon), and the girl who I’m not yet super close too but this is cool as fuck (Maddie).
- you should take a few minutes to wish this kiddo a happy birthday (and while you’re at it, check out the awesome video my sorority made for him!)
- i think mysterious stuff like this is too damn awesome
- owls are cool. cake is yummy. this owl cake is cool and (probably) yummy.
- don’t worry, be happy
- this photograph was in my local paper six years ago and i still remember looking at it for the first time
- street art makes me wish i was creative or talented or anything, really
- these woodsy pictures are gorgeous and immediately transport me to where they were taken
- i guess i’m on an art kick? idk but this is so cool for so many reasons
- i live in boston. i like food. so like…
- i love remembering little things that at some point made me smile, so i’m obsessed with this calendar idea
- i’m only 18, and i already have a whole lot of people waiting for me to turn 21
- i’m obsessed with weddings and photography, and like the title says: these are impossibly fun
- honestly, what’s better than only needing two ingredients?!
- your happiness is truly important – it’s the little things
- cats. because cats.
- i’m all about bucket lists
- pancakes!! international versions!! nom nom nom
- frozen was my first disney movie experience! you need to see this (because it’s beautiful/amazing/incredible – the lead girl is 11!) and this (because it’s hilarious). obsessed with both of them
- how yummy does this chocolate-almond oatmeal smoothie recipe look?
Hi friends! So I decided to do a 30 day blogging challenge. I’m not making any promises here – I probably won’t post every single day. So I might skip some of these ideas, I might do them all but over a longer period of time… we’ll see how it plays out. This mostly serves as inspiration for me! I think these are really cool ideas and are pretty introductory, so you guys can get to know more about me. 🙂
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO: THE LIST!
- Write some basic things about yourself.
- 10 likes and dislikes
- your day, in great detail
- the meaning behind your blog name
- five places you want to visit
- What band or musician is most important to you?
- Do you read? What are your favorite books?
- three things you want to say to different people
- pet peeves
- If you could only live off of one food and one beverage for the rest of your days, what would they be?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Screenshot your desktop.
- three confessions of your choice
- Provide pictures of 5 celebrity crushes.
- a photo of someone you fancy at the moment
- If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do with your remaining time on Earth?
- What do you want to be when you get older?
- Name the TV shows you have become addicted to.
- a list of all the places you’ve lived
- concerts you have attended
- turn ons and offs
- a picture of what you wore today
- a letter to someone – anyone
- seven things that cross your mind a lot
- What you rather date someone plain with an amazing personality or someone beautiful with a plain personality?
- What are some little things that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
- a picture of your handwriting
- Do you wish for anything at 11:11? If so, what do you wish for?
- picture of yourself
- anything you want to post about
I meant to start this blog off with a recipe (I have one at the ready!) or some fun, pointless website, but when my aunt posted this on Facebook a few hours ago, I couldn’t resist. I don’t know if following these instructions will work, but they’re things I have been trying to do anyway. Seeing them listed by someone else as ways they have learned to improve their life makes me want to embrace these values even more.
Number 3 is especially applicable to my life. I’ve been up, and I’ve been wayyyyy down. There are 16,000 undergrads on this campus. There have to be people who are willing to put as much into friendships as I am. I’m starting to find them and move past the manipulative, uncaring “friends” that I always seem to end up with.
Here’s to falling back in love with my life and the people in it.
I always loved this quote, but never understood it. You can’t just decide to love life, I thought. I had considered myself a happy person, but I didn’t love life. I liked it. And life didn’t love me. It was fine to me, sure. But it didn’t love me.
Senior year and the summer before college were rough. Really rough.
Then I got to Northeastern and my life became a fairytale. My suite mates were (and still are!) the most wonderful friends of all. How lucky is that? Within two weeks, I knew who my sophomore year roommates would be. I went through sorority recruitment, accepted a bid from Sigma Sigma Sigma, and ran down the stairs of Ell Hall into a mass of girls who I know will have my back for the rest of my life.
It took a little bit of love from life to starting loving it, but that kick was all I needed. For a few months, I loved life, and it loved me right back.
I’m not back to where I was before college, thank god. But I’m not as happy as I was those first few months of freshman year. Honestly, that’s the happiest I’ve ever been. And there’s a number of things contributing to my current not-ecstatic-about-life-ness. So I’m on a mission: get back to that state of mind. I want to love life.
This blog isn’t meant to be a diary. I’ll most definitely be posting some personal pieces, but I’m also thinking links to articles, recipes, pictures. Random, cool, fun stuff. We’ll see.
I have absolutely no idea where I’m going with this quite yet, but thanks for coming along for the ride.